The Providence will award up to five (5) one (1) time scholarships of $1,000 to eligible members.
ELIGIBILITY AND REQUIREMENTS FOR ACADEMIC SCHOLARSHIP
- Each applicant must be a member in good standing of the Providence for at least five (5) years with a current insurance or annuity certificate that has a minimum face value or balance of $5,000.
- Applicant must be a full time college student who completed one (1) semester of college work, or graduated High School and has been accepted to college.
- Applicant must have earned a cumulative grade of 3.3 (or equivalent).
- Applicant must be seeking a Bachelor degree.
- An original transcript of the applicant’s college records indicating a cumulative grade of 3.3 (or equivalent) at the conclusion of the Fall Semester. High School transcript indicating a cumulative grade of 3.3 (or equivalent) after graduation, and a letter of acceptance to a college.
- A letter of recommendation from the Pastor of the applicant’s church.
- An essay of not less than five (500) hundred words. Theme: “What can I contribute to our Ukrainian Catholic Church and Community after completing my education?”
- Deadline for Academic Scholarship: Friday, August 15, 2017.
- Recent wallet (2×3) head shot photograph and brief biography for publication purposes.
- Previous awardees may re-apply up to four (4) times.