The Providence Association touches the very lives of many, many people through a variety of charitable, social, civic, cultural, and other eleemosynary activities. Click here to access the 2016 Kotur scholarship application. Deadline for Kotur Scholarship applications is August 15th, 2016
The 2016 Ortynsky Academic Scholarship Program
The Providence will award up to five (5) one (1) time scholarships of $1,000 to eligible members.
ELIGIBILITY AND REQUIREMENTS FOR ACADEMIC SCHOLARSHIP
- Each applicant must be a member in good standing of the Providence for at least five (5) years with a current insurance or annuity certificate that has a minimum face value or balance of $5,000.
- Applicant must be a full time college student who completed one (1) semester of college work, or graduated High School and has been accepted to college.
- Applicant must have earned a cumulative grade of 3.3 (or equivalent).
- Applicant must be seeking a Bachelor degree.
- An original transcript of the applicant’s college records indicating a cumulative grade of 3.3 (or equivalent) at the conclusion of the Fall Semester. High School transcript indicating a cumulative grade of 3.3 (or equivalent) after graduation, and a letter of acceptance to a college.
- A letter of recommendation from the Pastor of the applicant’s church.
- An essay of not less than five (500) hundred words. Theme: “What can I contribute to our Ukrainian Catholic Church and Community after completing my education?”
- Deadline for Academic Scholarship: August 15, 2016
- Recent wallet (2×3) head shot photograph and brief biography for publication purposes.
- Previous awardees may re-apply up to four (4) times.
DID YOU KNOW THAT:
PROVIDENCE’S CAPITAL IMPROVEMENT PROGRAMS HAVE AIDED IN THE CONSTRUCTION OF OVER 175 CHURCHES, SCHOOLS, CONVENTS, MONASTERIES AND RELIGIOUS RESIDENCES?
IN THE PAST FIVE YEARS PROVIDENCE HAS DONATED OVER $100,000.00 TO UKRAINIAN CHURCHES, SEMINARIES, PAROCHIAL SCHOOLS, AND RELIGIOUS AND MONASTIC ORDERS?
IN THE PAST FIVE YEARS PROVIDENCE HAS DONATED NEARLY $100,000.00 MORE TO VARIOUS COMMUNITY AND CHARITABLE CAUSES?
PROVIDENCE HAS AWARDED THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS IN SCHOLARSHIPS?
PROVIDENCE REGULARLY PAYS HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS OF BENEFITS TO ITS POLICYHOLDERS?